Sunday, October 11, 2009

Lilies and cow plasters

My Mom was a farm girl from Rigby Idaho with a penchant for colorful (not obscene) expressions that always got her point across
When once I brought a boy home after a date,I knew from the expression on her face what I would be hearing from her when he left. "If you aren't careful, you are going to fly over all the lilies and land in a cow plaster!"
She was a wise one. She did know a "cow plaster" when she saw it. I was taught what she knew about how to avoid "stepping in it" and I have tried to pass that on to my kids, with variable success, but then she probably thought I hadn't learned very much either.
I feel the need to write about a few of the things I have learned and thought about over my 56 years.
I am deeply conservative in my views, so I hope I do not offend anyone very much.
On the same note, responses are welcome, but keep a civil tongue in your head and we will all be happy.Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment